For an elegant look that is durable and waterproof, consider ceramic tile from Floor Coverings International of Wheaton and Naperville. Ceramic Tile has many uses such as kitchen backsplashes, tile floors, bathroom walls, and more.
We’ll come to your home or office with a variety of ceramic tile samples so that we can match patterns to your existing décor. We can even provide beautiful and long-lasting ideas for installing a durable tile kitchen backsplash, a waterproof tile wall, or a rugged tile floor.
We carry many styles of ceramic tiles at different PEI ratings. The PEI rating scale developed by the Porcelain Enamel Institute indicates the areas of use each manufacturer recommends. Tiles with different PEI levels have different properties as well as different aesthetic qualities.
Here are the PEI ratings and what they mean:
- Class 0 – Wall tile only and should not be used on floors.
- Class 1 – Very low foot traffic, bare or stocking feet only. (Master bath, spa bathroom).
- Class 2 – Slipper or soft-soled shoes. Second level main bathroom areas, bedrooms.
- Class 3 – Any residential area with the possible exception of some entries and kitchens if extremely heavy or abrasive traffic is anticipated.
- Class 4 – High foot traffic, areas where abrasive or outside dirt could be tracked. Residential entry, kitchen, balcony, and countertop.
- Class 5 – Ceramic tile suggested for residential, commercial and institutional floor subjected to heavy traffic.
For a wide selection of ceramic tiles, ideas for your home or office, and professional installation, contact Floor Coverings International of Wheaton and Naperville for a free in-home consultation. And we’ll help you choose the ceramic tile solution that’s right for you.